Friday, May 06, 2011

Five for Friday

1. I worked four days this week, which is a good thing! I'm so thankful for my job! Today I'm subbing phys. ed, which isn't my favourite (okay, it's my least favourite to sub), but I have two classes in the classroom. We're suppose to go outside and play soccer this afternoon, so I'm hoping for nice, warm sunny weather for that. ;)

2. I have some exciting news to share... I noticed that on my friend, Elizabeth's blog, a link for a new challenge site Scrapping Everyday Miracles, which looked pretty cool. When I went to check it out, I noticed that they were having a DT call. I`d really enjoyed being on a DT for a challenge site in the past, so I thought I`d apply. Well, the next morning, I had an email in my inbox from Nicole Brenna, asking me to join their team!


I`m so excited! I love the cool look of the site, as well as the fact that they post challenges that encourage you to document how you`re seeing God in the everyday little things of your life. And then they combine this with scrapbooking technique challenges as well. I think it`s going to be a good time! And the bonus: I get to be on a DT with my friend, Elizabeth, again!

3. I posted this layout for the MSS May DT challenge: Take 5. We were suppose to use our five latest scrappy purchases on a layout. Here's what I made, using one of the sketches from KP's Sketchbook 3 class:


It's actually on the back of this layout, that I also made for the same KP sketch:



4. I posted a Spring Sketch on the MSS blog today. The sketch is from Stuck?! Sketches (March 15th) and here's the layout I made with it:


I used AC cardstock, MME patterned paper, brads, alphas & key (I love that key!) and PTI felt, stamps and dies.

A few detail shots...

I love this little key hanging from the flower centre!


And I tucked my journaling behind the patterned paper.



5. Austin & Jonah performed at their piano recital last night. They both did very well, although Austin commented on how few boys there were there (just him, Jonah and another boy-- the rest were girls. They`ve been practising a duet for months and finally performed it (& did a pretty good job!) at the recital, with the promise that I would never make them play it again. Ever. I think they`re happy to be done with it. ;)

Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

Marybeth said...

Congrats and your pages are very creative and beautiful.