Monday, May 09, 2011

Pretty Creative

It's nice to see creativity running in our family. My mom knits and used to do ceramics. I love to scrapbook and make cards. And Sage is showing huge signs of being creative.... love that!

I made this layout (showcasing the outfit Sage made for her Zhu-Zhu pet) for the MSS Triple Threat Challenge for May: we needed to include ribbon, doodling and a brad into a layout.


I used the ribbon I got from a gift bag from Fruits & Passion to make the flower (using the technique that Anne posted on her blog here and put a MME decorative brad in the centre. The patterned paper is Crate, the letters are American Crafts thickers and the cardstock is Bazzill. For the leaves, I used my PTI Turning a New Lead stamp set and dies and drew the veins on the leaves by hand for my doodling.

Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

Debbie Gaydos said...

This is SO adorable! I love the leaves. The pics are so cute, too. Makes me want to do a page, lol!

Elizabeth said...

I love, love, love your design!!! You are such an inspiration to me with those clean lines!
e.

Janelle said...

Wonderful, wonderful layout! Love how you doodled the leaf vein lines. Beautiful ribbon rose... great colors and design. It's perfection. :) (And there is nothing like seeing your child's creativity developing... glad you're celebrating it!)

Margaret M said...

Oh your little girl is adorable and you can tell she is so proud of her crafty work! Great lay-out!

Jen Adcock said...

Gorgeous. Your creation and hers. What a sweetie!