Saturday, November 09, 2013

Moxie Fab Thanks! Blog Hop


Today, I'm participating in a blog hop for Cath Edvalson.

Cath was the Trends Editor for Paper Crafts Magazine & creator of the Moxie Fab World Blog.
I very much enjoyed visiting her blog-- it was always jam-packed with inspiration and wonderful challenges. 

However, this week, Cath announced that she will no longer have a place on the editorial team for Paper Crafts magazine. And, as a result, she had written her last Moxie Fab World post.

A bunch of people in the paper crafting community wanted to express our thanks/appreciation/well wishes to Cath in the form of a blog hop

So, if you're following the hop, you've hopped over here from Penny Ward's blog.

I thought it would be fitting for me to create something for Cath based on something she'd posted on the Moxie Fab World. So, on Tuesday afternoon, I went to the MFW blog to scroll through it.... and I found inspiration with the last post Cath made.



I love this quote and was inspired by the alternating gold and blue lettering.


I did my own version of the alternating coloured sentiments by heat embossing them in aqua & gold.
I used Papertrey Ink's We Go Together ("For the Record", "awesome" & "just saying'") & strawberry sentiments ("sweet") and the ampersand is from Peace, Joy, Love. 
"You are simply wonderful" is from Mama Elephant's Smitten stamp set.
I stamped it all on a MFT mat and layered it all over some Pink Paislee patterned paper.
I added the two buttons (the gold one was embossed with gold embossing powder to coordinate.)

The next stop on the hop is Christina Maclaren's blog.
(But, if you're lost, the blog list is posted below.)

I'm also linking this up to this week's Simon Says Stamp Challenge: Keep It Clean & Simple.

Thanks for looking!




54 comments:

Alanna said...

This is gorgeous. I love the aqua and gold together.

Charlene B. said...

This is amazing Leigh! It's Sweet and Elegant!

Kelly Booth said...

LOVE the Colors and Love this card!!

Joni Andaya said...

So Love it Leigh! What a perfect card for Cath!

Wida said...

I love the inspiration photo and I LOVE the way you interpreted it!

~amy~ said...

Love how your card was inspired!

Lea Lawson said...

Very pretty! Love the soft colors!

Miriam Prantner said...

Beautiful card! Love the multicolored word art, so sweet!

Kelly Griglione said...

What a wonderful way to pay tribute to Cath ... love how you case'd her last post! Those blue and white polka dots are fun, but the tiny gold flower in the corner is just the right detail to make this card shine. Love it, Leigh!

Anonymous said...

What an amazing interpretation of Cath's last inspiration piece, Leigh!

Lynn said...

Just sayin' way to knock the inspiration out of the park with a fabulous sentiment!

Carolynn said...

Just perfect for Cath (or anyone so wonderful!)

Lisa Elton said...

A perfect sentiment for Cath! Very sweet card Leigh!

TLady said...

OH MY!!! WHAT A LIST!!!!!!! :) I think EVERYONE is going to MISS CATH over at Moxie Fab!!! :( BUT, I THINK she'll LOOOOOOOOOOVE the card you made her Leigh!!! IT'S BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!;)

Darnell said...

Leigh, you get the prize for the most imaginative entry! What a genius idea to turn Cath's last inspiration photo, so to speak, into your card trigger! I'm in awe and Cath will be, too!! Hugs, Darnell

Cathy A said...

Lovely design

Jingle said...

This is very pretty! Great color combo!

Lindsay said...

So pretty, Leigh! Love how you took her blog post as inspiration! Gorgeous, my friend!

Veronica Z said...

Such a sweet card!

Kristie said...

This is gorgeous! What a great idea to use the picture as inspiration for your card.

Lyndal said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Leigh - gorgeous card :)

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card, love the soft colors!

Kim Heggins said...

So much amazing detail Leigh..love it!

Elena said...

what a great sentiment! i love your card :)

Melissa Bove said...

Wow! What an amazing card Leigh! Love that sentiment and color combo!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

Unknown said...

what great way to share with u frined i loved your card ty

shirley-bee said...

Love how you've used Cath's last post photo and turned it into a beautiful card!

Julie Overby said...

Fabulous as always and so appropriate!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful sentiment, amazing embossing and perfect for Cath!

Pamela said...

Love how you used Cath's last photo as your inspiration!

Annette Allen said...

wow great embossing.. love this card..

Tenia Nelson said...

So so gorgeous!!

craftmates said...

Beautiful card. Love aqua and gold.- Irma

Joyce said...

Just gorgeous. I love how you alternated the colors and built your own sentiment.

Anonymous said...

Such a wonderful card for Cath!!! I wanted to join, but was out of town and didn't have time.

Beth M said...

Beautiful card. Love the color combo!

Unknown said...

beautiful card! The colors are awesome :)

Valerie said...

I love that you used her pic as a jumping off point for your gorgeous card!

Alice said...

love the subway art style sentiment and the yummy colors you used! gorgeous card, Leigh!

Chrissy Larson said...

What an awesome idea! I love how you used the inspiration piece and it translated so perfectly to your card! LOVE IT!

DBMM said...

A lovely way to pay tribute to Cath!

Jessi Fogan said...

Ahhhhh! I'm in love :) Absolutely amazing sentiment - and I love how you chose your inspiration!

Beverley said...

Oh WOW! Love! The gold & pale blue is beautiful & such a beautiful tribute. Hugs Bev x

Shelly said...

Such a beautiful card! Love! :)

Bev Gerard * TexasGrammy said...

LUV the mix of cool color with golden accents!

~Bev

Virginia L. said...

What could be more beautiful?! I adore everything about your card, Leigh Ann! So happy that you are part of this epic blog hop!

AB. said...

Such a perfect card!! I love it all! Xx

Brenda Weaver said...

such a cool card! I love how you've pulled everything together and paired up all those words. The colors are yummy too!

Tasnim said...

Oh this card is so gorgeous!! I absolutely love the aqua and gold, and how you coordinated everything from pattern paper, embossing to those two cute little buttons! It is just wow!

Cath said...

Thank you so much for this beautiful card, Leigh! I am honored that you created it for little ol' me, and I moxie love the inspiration behind it. I had such incredibly time in the Moxie Fab World, and am *so glad* I got to know you along the way. Hugs and loves to you, my moxie fab friend! :)

{Rebecca Fellows} said...

How beautiful, Leigh! So clean yet elegant!

Michelle Lupton said...

Oh, I adore the colours you've used! Sorry it has taken me so long to hop here!

Deirdre said...

Adore how you used the quote as inspiration - fab colour palette and amazing design.

maria f. said...

Beautiful, and oh-so-inspired!